August 17, 2016
Important Things to Remember!
* The school day begins at 8:30 this year!!!
* AFTER LABOR DAY every Wednesday will be a minimum day!!!
* Minimum days will end at 1:30 this year!!!
* Students are expected to come to class ready to learn every day.
* As a class we will create a set of class rules/procedures
* A copy will be posted on the wall and printed for each student
* Green== Good (Start here) * Yellow== Warning
* Orange== Loss of Privilage * Red== Student call home * Blue== Principal’s office
Students will receive homework on a daily basis. They will always have their reading log, spelling, and math every night. An extra reading, writing, history, or science homework may be assigned as well. Homework will be handed out at the end of the day. Students are to record their assignments in their student planner. Homework is to be turned in completed at the beginning of the next day. If it is not the students will finish it during their 10:00 recess.
* Each student will receive a student planner.
* Daily homework will be recorded inside this planner.
* The teacher will highlight work that has NOT been completed and put stars next to completed assignments. The students will also record their behavior color in the planner every day.
* A parent must sign the homework calendar and behavior chart daily.
* Report cards are Common Core standards based. Your child will receive a score of a 1, 2, 3, or 4. The same will apply to the grading school work and tests. The following is the point scale:
4== 90%- 100 (Advanced performance level) 3= 75%- 89% =(Proficient performance level)
2= 60 - 64% =(Approaching performance level) 1= 0 %- 59 = (minimal performance level)
6 Week Reports
* Every six weeks a report will be sent home.
* This is to be signed by you and returned to school.
* Please call the office the day your child is absent or send a note with him/her upon his/her return to school
* Taking your child out of school early will be counted as tardy.
* Independent Study: If you know in advance that your child will be absent from school for an extended period of time, please let the office know 2 weeks in advance so we can arrange an Independent Study.
* Please return to school ASAP
* EMERGENCY CARD
* Mandatory Information Request Form
* Nutrition Services Department
4th Grade Wish List
* KLEENEX, KLEENEX, KLEENEX * LINED WIDE RULED PAPER * HAND SANITIZER
* Dry erase markers * Pencils
* Anything else you can think of would be greatly appreciated!